Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 9. Year 2.

Today Vicki needed a pajama day. A pajama movie marathon pizza eating kind of day. Oh wait... That was me. ;) I always feel a little bad with these kinds of days. You know the tv babysitter kind of days. Well I really needed to use our last day visiting family to kick operation cleaning out the basement into high gear. Vicki was more than happy to sleep in and bum around in her jammies. It's been such a difficult trip I thought that by not placing a whole lot of demands on Vicki that she would magically snap out of whatever is going on with,her. I know traveling from house to house is hard on everyone. No one gets enough time anywhere and no one gets enough sleep. But usually Vicki does better with her visual schedule. So everything was going along just fine, and sadly, by just fine I mean Vicki was quiet and seemed content... Until about 5:30, when Vicki got upset. I wish I knew what triggered it. Maybe it was the fact that she lost her purple marker in the couch. Maybe it was that Ally got a new barbie for an early birthday present. Maybe it was because she misses her pappy and realizes that he's not here, but doesn't understand why (I'm going to go with this one and pause for a kleenex...) Maybe she just wanted to cry. I know I definitely have those days. But whatever it was.... It made Vicki very upset. She cried for over an hour and I could not console her. I found her purple marker. Didn't matter. I tried to hug her. She pushed me away. We ate our pizza dinner. She kept crying. And after asking her forever to use her words and tell me.... She finally got interested in the pizza we were eating. So I offered get the choices. And of course she asked for olives on her pizza and we didn't have any. :( But she finally came out anyway, thank goodness. I was ready to run to the store for olives. I have togive kudos to Joey and Ally. A Vicki crying spell is not easy to sit thru. But they were amazing throughout. Ally tried reading a book to her and offered Vicki to play with her new pink bunny. And Joey alwayd thinks of soothing, kind things to say. And later Ally let Vicki play with her new barbie. Melts my heart. Right before bed Vicki told me goodnight and told me what she wanted on her schedule for tomorrow: breakfast, medicine, shower, grandma and pappy, lunch, McDonalds, home, medine, clean up, bed. You got it Vic!Here's hoping that's how,tomorrow goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment