Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 30. Year 2.

30 days.

720 hours.

43,200 minutes.

2,592,000 seconds.

2,592,000 seconds of our lives that I tried to share with you as honestly as I could. From my heart. This is our autism. This is our story. This is our life. It doesn't stop after the 30 days is up. It will go on and on and on. It with go up and down and up and down and hopefully up again. It will hold joy and pain, hey... sunshine and rain. Yeah. Joy Pump it up. Pump it up. and pain Keep it goin' keep it goin'.  Like sunshine What else? What else? and rain. Come on, come on. Here we go. 
Wow. Yep- Comin' right at 'cha! It's DJ rappin' Rose. :)  Maybe that's what I'll do to fill up my time for the next 30 days. Or, maybe not. Now, don't lie... you want to go pull out your old cassette tape and turn that song up right now, don't you? Or is it just me? :P
And, tell me, did anyone else out there really want some Lucky Charms for breakfast this morning? I know I did.

I hope you have enjoyed reading. I know that I have really enjoyed writing. I started out on April 1st thinking my blog could possibly shed some light into the day to day struggles of one child, one family, with autism. I was hoping to help others learn, understand, and think about autism as we see it, not just as it is perceived. And in the process, I have helped myself to learn, understand, and think about autism in ways that I never had before. I have laughed and cried, been terrified and amazed. Time flew yet time crawled. I am sad to see these 30 days end, yet relieved too, because they have been some of the hardest days I've experienced.

Today was better. It really was. And tomorrow... tomorrow is limitless. And I am excited to see what tomorrow holds... We got a few of the tests and doctors scheduled and we will be wading through it all, holding onto each other for support. I will be writing updates periodically. So, please, please check back or 'follow' my blog. I have truly appreciated all of your support. I could not have made it through this month without it and without you. xoxo

And I thought if I put this out there, out here, on my blog, then maybe I will do it and follow thru... I started writing 2 different books a few years ago. I'm going to revisit them, I think. And really try. Because for me, writing is such a release. And I hope what I've written has touched something within each of you... just a little bit. That's all I want.

I thought I would leave you with a song... of course, right? My beautiful Vicki... she sang again tonight. It's been a while. Such sweet music to my ears... and she was singing a piece of a verse from this (kinda sums  it all up, huh?).

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes
Saying A-YO!
Gotta let go!
I wanna celebrate and live my life
Saying A-YO!
Baby, let's go!
I'm gonna take it all like, I
I'm gonna be the last one standing,
I'm alone and all I
I'm gonna be the last one landing
'Cause I, I, I Believe it
And I, I, I
I just want it all, I just want it all
I'm gonna put my hands in the air
Hands in the air
Put your hands in the air!!!!!!


Put your hands in the air. Celebrate and live your life. Until next April my friends... *well, until I post an update anyway. Thanks for taking this journey with me.  Love, Rosezella

4 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for writing and sharing with us! A book filled with your humor, honesty, and love would be incredible! I will be thinking of all of you over the next few months, and I look forward to the updates, medical or otherwise. Hugs to all of you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Your support has meant a great deal to me! I will message you later... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Rose! Thanks for touching my heart every day and lifting me in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for such a beautiful comment Char! I am glad you enjoy reading it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete