Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 21. Year 2.

     You know what I love? I love cleaning. You couldn't tell by my house, or by how I complain... But at the end of a whirlwind day, there is nothing better then restoring order. I am a quadrant cleaner... (yep, just made that term up)  a whole room could be an absolute mess... bags on the floor you have to walk over, random things stacked up, papers all strewn about... and yes, that bothers me... Maybe I let things get so bad because I love the feeling of accomplishing something. It looks messy. I clean, one little section at a time. I will even go so far as to move things into one little section so the rest is clean, and then, of course, I can't figure out where to put the little stack I end up with and then grab a box and put it in the basement. But that doesn't matter... :)  My room is now 'clean'.  It looks amazing. There is a beginning and an ending. I've restored order. And the funny thing is that once that section is cleaned... please don't put anything that doesn't belong there in that space.. 10 minutes before it could be an absolute disaster, with piles tilting over precariously. But once it's cleaned, do NOT put a receipt there. I will get very irritated. I'm pretty sure that's irrational. ;)

     You know what else I love doing? Doing the prep work for a birthday party... Seriously. I love all the little crafty stuff and decorating, picking a theme, and trying to make THE perfect cake. Ahhh... but then when it's actually time for the party, I'd like to skip right over that part and get to the cleaning and restoring order again afterwards. :)  That's so wrong!

     Honestly, though, I am very nervous for tomorrow. I can't seem to read Vicki right now and I haven't been very good at predicting her behavior. Vicki usually loves a good party. But I'm just not sure... And, I know this may not sound the best, but I just want Ally to have her special day with her friends. I don't want added drama, you know, more than 10 7-year-olds will naturally bring to an activity. Some of the little girls don't know Vicki, and I don't want .... I don't know. I just don't know. I don't want Ally to feel uncomfortable. I don't want Vicki to feel uncomfortable. I don't want other children to feel uncomfortable. And, lets see. I just don't know. Maybe that's why I love cleaning and organizing so much. Because I know. I know if I pick something up and put it away in the right spot, then it will be cleaner. If this happens, then this happens. If it's messy and I put things away, then it's clean. Lately I don't have any if/then statements for Vicki.

     Like this morning. I might have said before, 'If Vicki sees on her schedule shower, car, Ally soccer, then she will be more willing to get out of the bathtub.' Nope. Not this morning. She wanted to go in the car. But she would not get out of the bathtub. It took 2 people to finally get her out of the tub. :(  Based on that struggle, I didn't think soccer would go well. Wrong again. Vicki did fine at soccer. Have I mentioned how much I love color wonder stuff?! Vicki even made the tunnel thing with her arms when Ally's team ran through. :)  I love it when she participates! And I love it when I see a genuine smile from Ally when she sees Vicki cheering her on.

     Well, it's ridiculously late. And I have to get up ridiculously early to finish up the pinata and some other last minute stuff... If you could, just send extra good thoughts to Vicki for tomorrow. Here's hoping we can all have a pleasant and enjoyable day.

    

  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment