Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 5. Year 2.

Tonight I am not witty or creative. (Not that I usually am)... But usually I have an idea for a post. Tonight I am just tired; And I think I will finally start to listen to my body. So this post will be short.
Goodnight. :) 
Well, just kidding. I can't make it that short!

Vicki had a hard day. And that makes me so sad. Last year, I know I posted a lot about how Vicki's behaviors would cycle. You know, everyone has their good days and bad days. Only Vicki can't tell me why she feels good or why she feels bad, and when her mood changes sometimes it's so dramatic and quick that it catches me off guard. I used to be able to predict with fairly good accuracy how I thought Vicki would react in a situation. I really can't read her anymore at all. Times that I think she will be ok are the times when it all falls apart. And the times that I think will be difficult are a breeze. I feel like Vicki is living the Katy Perry lyrics:

You're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down

And I live for experiencing all of it with Vicki. The crying. The yelling. The laughing. The loving. The joy. The pain.  If I'm overloaded and overwhelmed and stressed and ready to take a break.... I can't imagine what she must feel. I can't imagine because she can't tell me. But she did tell me this morning when she saw Ally put on her long pink sparkly dress for school, 'Vicki purple dress. sparkles.' And she looked so lovely in her purple sparkly dress. Vicki loved looking like Ally. And Ally loved being looked at by Vicki. :) 

To make a long story short, I went back to the doctor tonight because I've been feeling odd the last day or 2 since I finished my antibiotic for my sinus infection. Today my face and cheeks starting swelling and getting painful.  And then, although I'm sure most of it was psychosomatic, I felt like I was having trouble swallowing. So, of course, I think it's some sort of allergic reaction. Well, I am now on 3 meds and I hope I can get this all figured out soon.  (Hence the short, rather uneventful post; I am trying to listen to my body telling me to go to bed...) It was odd though, tonight, how I felt as I said goodnight to each of the kids... It made me think in that very moment how very lucky I am. And I never want to take for granted how amazing life is... even when it throws you curve balls and roadblocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment