Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 5. Year 3.


 Those of you who know Vicki personally know that Vicki loves music. She always has. Even from the time she was wee little I remember thinking that if I could sing my entire day with Vicki, I would. She would always seem more responsive when I would sing something... and not judgemental on my musical ability or not-ability. Ha ha!  

I love it when Vicki hums. I love it when Vicki sings. I love it when Vicki is happy. You can always tell when Vicki is a happy Vicki. I can hear her singing when I go to get her up in the mornings. And this morning was one of those good singing mornings. One of the things I love about music is something I never thought of before I had Vicki. You know how you sing along to your favorite songs? Well, with Vicki sometimes I'll sing a line of a song and then Vicki will sing the next line in the song. And then I will sing the next line. And then Vicki. And then me. And before you know it, we are talking. :)  Well, singing together. But it is so much more than that. It is something I long for with Vicki. Something that she doesn't do often. It's a back and forth exchange. I say something. She responds. She says something. I respond. It doesn't get much better than that. And I am forever grateful for those moments. Vicki is right there with me. Smiling a little smile. Singing so beautifully. Filling my heart with the sweet music of her voice. 

What song was she singing today? One of my current favorites by Alicia Keys... Girl on Fire. 
I really like that song. Especially when the drum starts in... it feels to me like such an empowering song. When I hear it, I get the shivers. It makes me think I can do anything. Especially sing. ;)  
And there is nothing more beautiful than hearing Vicki sing this song. I haven't been able to get this song out of my head all day. 

And then more I sing it and think about this song, the more I think it was meant for Vicki. :)  
Listen. 
 

She's just a girl and she's on fire,,, 


Filled with catastrophe, but she knows she can fly away...
Ohhhh oh oh oh oh  


This girl is on fire... This girl is on fire... She's walking on fire... This girl is on fire...
 
Looks like a girl, but she's a flame 

So bright, she can burn your eyes 
Better look the other way  
You can try but you'll never forget her name  

Everybody stares, as she goes by... 


Nobody knows that she's a lonely girl  
And it's a lonely world But she gon' let it burn, baby, burn, baby
This girl is on fire...


And I love watching all my kids burn brightly. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment