Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 1. Year 3.

Hi!!!! It's Aprilllll !!!!
I just want to say a quick ***Welcome Back*** to those of you who have read my blog in years past! I'm so glad you stopped back again this year to check in on Vicki and follow along with us for the next 30 days! And a quick *** Hi new reader!!! I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse my blog ***  I hope you stay awhile! :)  Just for a little back story and re-introduction....  My name is Rosezella and my daughter Vicki is 10 years old. I started this blog 2 years ago as a way to reach out to our family and friends. I used to write a little update every April and email it out to family and friends. I had hoped that by talking a little about Vicki and autism that it would help answer some unspoken questions people may have but don't really want to ask. I was hoping that I could do my part to educate, just a little, and just share my Vicki. Because in my eyes she's too amazing not to share with others. :)  And then my yearly updates just got too long... I had too much I wanted to say and share. (I'm kind of a wordy person!) So I thought I would try my hand at blogging. And in the process I discovered a lot more about myself as a person, as a wife, as a mother, as a daughter, as a friend, and as a writer. So, I'm gonna do it again this year. This blog has become very therapeutic for me.

I hope that you find in this blog something that touches you personally. I hope you laugh a little bit, cry a little bit and I hope it makes you think a little bit. I try not to come off as preachy, or whiny, or anything else. I try to come off as myself. I want to give you a glimpse into 30 days. I try to be as honest as I can be. I don't pretend to know how to write. I just write. Someone recently told me that my writing style is 'stream-of-conciousness'. I like it! I have a style! It's not pretty, but it's me. If I took the time to try to edit it, I would never post a blog entry! ;)  I tend to use a lot of smiley and winky faces in my blog and I like to use these little things ....    :)  I talk a lot about my husband and our other 2 children as well (Joey- 12, and Ally- 7).

So, that's about it for my intro. And because I want to get this posted on Day 1, I have 4 more minutes to do so.... So.... :)  stay tuned for some meat and potatoes of my blog on Day 2, in about a half an hour from now.  I'm so excited you are here!!!!! xoxo

Please send me a comment or two ever so often so I know someone else besides me reads this... and join this blog so you know when I write. I'm planning on a few new this this year. Ready. Set. Go!!!

4 comments:

  1. "I'm kind of a wordy person!"
    haha, love it! and love you! was so excited today for your blog, I was telling my boyfriend all about how amazing it is, and how I can't wait to read! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww!!! Yay!!! You are too sweet! :) I'm so glad you like reading it and I'm sure you can attest that 'I'm kind of a wordy person' is a bit of an understatement. ;) Miss you! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Wouldn't miss it for the world......Miss you guys...Melissa Lewis

    ReplyDelete