Monday, April 6, 2015

Day 4. Year 5.

I will not let crazy life events prevent me from keeping up with this blog this month. I will not let crazy life events prevent me from keeping up with this blog this month. :)

So, before I get way behind again, I will keep this one short and sweet.

Interaction.

Social engagement.

Autism.

Family.

Love.

Have you ever played that word association game?

I thought a lot about these 5 words over the weekend and how they all tie together. It may not be a perfect bow some days... but they are all intertwined. Braided together.

I just wanted to share a few interactions with you.from Saturday. We went on a drive. One of Vicki's favorite things to do. We were backing out of our driveway and I hadn't buckled my seat belt yet. Vicki noticed. "Mom. Seat belt. Mom. Mom. Seat belt." I bucked up and thanked Vicki. She smiled.

We were walking down the street. Vicki has an intense fear of animals right now. She gets so anxious. Sometimes she freezes. Sometimes she screams. Sometimes she tries to bolt.
This time, I could see her squeeze her Daddy's hand tighter as she saw the dog. And then she said, "Joe. Joe. Hand. Joe." And she grabbed hold of her big brother's hand with her other hand. She had her Daddy on one side of her and her big brother snuggled up close by her, protecting her, on the other side. She made it. She felt secure and comforted by her family. And that made me feel so happy for her.

She asked Ally for help when she needed her shoe tied. She said, 'Ally double tie please. Double tie."

I love how Vicki shows her love to everyone in our family. She loves us. She trusts us. She is comforted by us. She feels protected by us. And she protects us as well. And we love her.

Told you. It was short.

But those few words she uttered. They were powerful and speak volumes of her love of her family and her family's love for her. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment